The most “sugar like” keto sweetener!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, Ketocracy will receive payment for any items you order. Please feel free to order these items from anywhere but your support via these affiliate links help support this site.
It melts like sugar, it caramelizes like sugar, it tastes like sugar, without the insulin spike and only 10 calories per serving!
Allulose; is the most unrated and overlooked sweetener in the keto world, considered a “sugar” it is not digested, excreted primarily through urine, and no ill effects.
It is a rare sugar that is not digested and has zero impact on your blood sugar levels or ketones. It is excreted through urine (approximately 2/3) and bowel without absorption.
* It melts like sugar allowing a caramel sauce to form.
* It mixes in ice cream without hardening – helping keep your keto ice cream soft!
* It tastes the most like sugar of all sweeteners, no funny after taste, no cooling effect.
* It acts the most like sugar and melts down without any crystallizing effects thus syrups and caramels become a breeze!
* Glycemic index of zero
* It has 10 calories per serving (but let’s face it that’s NOTHING when you find you can have something so reminiscent of sugar without the glucose spike)
* Increased amounts may cause stomach upset (as does most sweeteners) though I did my find many complaints to support this.
* It is still somewhat elusive, not widely mass marketed, and can be a bit more expensive that it’s competitors like swerve and stevia. Totally worth it!
Find them here
Variety Pack: honey, maple, liquid, crystals
Or individual bottles here
I prefer the Variety Pack & the 3 lb container of crystals
As new citations/studies become available I will list them here to keep you updated.