It melts like sugar, it caramelizes like sugar, it tastes like sugar, without the insulin spike and only 10 calories per serving!
Allulose; is the most unrated and overlooked sweetener in the keto world, considered a “sugar” it is not digested, excreted primarily through urine, and no ill effects.
It is a rare sugar that is not digested and has zero impact on your blood sugar levels or ketones. It is excreted through urine (approximately 2/3) and bowel without absorption.
* It melts like sugar allowing a caramel sauce to form.
* It mixes in ice cream without hardening – helping keep your keto ice cream soft!
* It tastes the most like sugar of all sweeteners, no funny after taste, no cooling effect.
* It acts the most like sugar and melts down without any crystallizing effects thus syrups and caramels become a breeze!
* Glycemic index of zero
* It has 10 calories per serving (but let’s face it that’s NOTHING when you find you can have something so reminiscent of sugar without the glucose spike)
* Increased amounts may cause stomach upset (as does most sweeteners) though I did my find many complaints to support this.
* It is still somewhat elusive, not widely mass marketed, and can be a bit more expensive that it’s competitors like swerve and stevia. Totally worth it!
Find them here
Variety Pack: honey, maple, liquid, crystals
Or individual bottles here
I prefer the Variety Pack & the 3 lb container of crystals
As new citations/studies become available I will list them here to keep you updated.